4.16.2004

there was no more truth spoken than to say
'it's harder to be left behind'.
sort of makes me want to scream in obvious tones
but here, again, I find quiet contemplation...
and time is of no importance today
(I just won't admit to the salty cheeks later)

I could be something
other than left behind
lets try responsible in a sentence, maybe woman.
but here I find my roar
disappoint perfection in craving for something that's all together non-existent
watching burning eyes with my own a reflection all too hideous, but I stare down, only ever embarrassed and confused
easy to feel dark easy to feel low
think about loss being left behind
losing my wings (and forget about halo)
only an angel for fractions of lifetimes
I must learn to float my own cloud
but then, the other end of a teeter-totter? perhaps
yet these dreams say otherwise
I am not left behind,
for it seems I was never the one following

here in misplacement
in angry tones and strangers voices
peace
comfort
and a very (restlessly) good sleep

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home